Monday, May 30, 2016

#CrossIsComing

It's been killing me to not blab about this publicly, but I've officially been invited to join my dream team for the upcoming cyclocross season. I'll be racing with Loose Nuts Cycles alongside some really awesome dudes. 



I have a lot of work ahead of me, and big shoes to fill. The team's 2015 season was insanely impressive with podium finishes nearly every race. 
While incredibly intimidating, I'm glad to have such successful teammates to learn from, and to constantly worry about disappointing if I don't train hard enough (hah!)

This might be my favorite picture ever...no one has ever captured my "holy crap" face before. 


I'm slowly easing my way into full-gear training with a 100 mile/week goal. My riding schedule currently includes one full mountain biking day, with four days doing long(ish) distance road rides. So far, I've fallen just short of my goal, which means I need to be adding another ride day into the mix.
As the year progresses, I plan to advance my training rides gradually, but for now, my goals are challenging enough without burning myself out.




Something that I'm learning is that while my team is crazy supportive, at the end of the day, we're all advancing at our own paces. It's easy to get real discouraged when comparing myself to these people who have been racing for years now. While I definitely don't want to give myself the easy way out, or make any form of excuses for myself, it is important to remind myself that every day is a form of progress. Slowly but surely, I'm getting there.
If you had told me a month ago I'd be doing the things I'm capable of doing today, there's a high chance I wouldn't believe you.

My biggest obstacle now is just to do all those things I'm too scared of. I have to learn how to push myself and get out of my comfort zone, which is not something that I've ever had to deal with before. Training is as much mental space as it is physical effort.

I'm excited for what this summer has to offer! I can't wait to see what I'm able to accomplish...and how many flips I'm able to do by the end of all of it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment